NASA BPS Fundamental Physics Application Scientist Career Announcement
From: NASA HQ
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2022
NASA’s Organic and Physical Sciences Division of the Science Mission Directorate will soon solicit applications for a remarkably determined personal to present scientific management in pioneering scientific discovery and enabling exploration in its Fundamental Physics application, which focuses on the development of investigation working with the area ecosystem to progress know-how and apps of quantum science and other fields of physics (https://www.nasa.gov/web sites/
About the Place
The Essential Physics Plan Scientist provides professional scientific management for the formulation and execution of all features of the Fundamental Physics method and signifies this software to exterior companies. Tasks include things like:
· Maintains the scientific integrity of the program whilst functioning closely with the essential physics investigate group to recognize and acquire promising strains of advance and new mission concepts.
· In collaboration with the Bodily Sciences Application Manager, establishes and sets the organizational strategic course, plans, priorities, framework, procedures and society for Elementary Physics, and to guarantee that services and missions made for Elementary Physics exploration satisfy established science demands.
· Qualified prospects the progress and maintenance of investigate and technological know-how prepare(s).
· Prospects the formulation and execution of solicitations for research and technology improvement, oversees the peer overview of proposals, and helps make choice tips.
· Screens development of the study and technology growth portfolio.
· Gives authoritative and comprehensive assistance, help and oversight to NASA Centers to assure the application is applied in an built-in fashion.
· Advocates for Essential Physics science and develops collaborations with each external corporations, such as participation in domestic and intercontinental scientific conferences and symposia as the senior plan science consultant.
· Encourages variety and inclusiveness in just the office, within just NASA appointed teams and committees, and in the interior and external science neighborhood.
Situation Variety and Area
The position may possibly be stuffed either as a lasting civil support position or by using assignment as a temporary Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) position. The IPA assignment would be a bare minimum of two decades, with two renewal possibilities for a highest of 6 a long time. The responsibility station will be determined on choice and might be at NASA Headquarters (Washington, DC), another NASA middle, or might be absolutely remote, i.e. not in the vicinity of a NASA worksite.
Skilled candidates will:
· Have expertise furnishing leadership of study packages for the advancement and implementation of initiatives
· Have knowledge managing the coordination of research and/or technological innovation enhancement in one or far more essential physics disciplines, with distinct know-how in quantum science and/or atomic physics, in authorities, academia, or market
· Have credible investigate experience documented in proven expert publications or journals.
The civil servant career announcement will open up for purposes at USAJobs.gov on Thursday, March 10, 2022 and will shut on Monday, March 14, 2022. Be sure to appear for the Software Scientist occupation announcement range HQ-22-DE-11393241-SEN. The civil servant position collection is a truthful and open up competitiveness to which all U.S. Citizens and Position Candidates can implement.
Candidates interested in this possibility are encouraged to get hold of NASA well in advance so they can make a effectively-educated choice on distributing an software throughout the extremely small (3 day) window when the career option will be open up for programs. Thoughts about this anticipated opening for a Fundamental Physics System Scientist at NASA Headquarters may possibly be directed to Dr. Brad Carpenter, Fundamental Physics Plan Scientist, Space Biology and Physical Sciences Division, [email protected].
// conclusion //